Property Maintenance Division
The Property Maintenance Division enforces all matters dealing with illegal parking on private property, inoperable or unlicensed vehicles, accumulation of trash or debris, grass / weeds growth, graffiti, and a variety of other exterior property maintenance issues.
There are three ways you can make a property nuisance complaint:
- You can make a complaint by calling the Property Maintenance Division at 217/892-6840 or 217/892-6853.
- You can fill out and submit our on-line Nuisance Complaint Form.
- You can download a paper copy of the Nuisance Complaint Form, fill it out and bring it into our offices located at the Municipal Building, 333 S. Tanner St., Rantoul, Illinois 61866.
ANNUAL FREE CLEAN-UP DAY
The Village of Rantoul along with Area Waste hosts an annual Free Clean-Up day to allow residents to dispose of large bulky items for free. This year's event is Saturday, MAY 8, 2021. Only Rantoul residents who pay for garbage service on their Rantoul Utility Bill can participate. Please click on the 2021 Clean Up Day link for more information as to the location and times for this event.
THERE WILL NOT BE ANY ELECTRONICS RECYCLING AT THIS EVENT.
However, Rantoul residents are eligible to take their unwanted electronics items to the Champaign County electronics recycling events. Two Residential Electronics Collection (REC) events will take place at Parkland College this year, on May 22, 2021 and the Fall date is to be determined. Residents must advance register online at: http://www.ecycle.simplybook.me/ At this website, residents will select an available 15-minute timeslot during which they plan to arrive at the REC. Online registration for the May 22 event starts on Monday, April 12, 2021,
E-Guide with Year-Round Electronics Recycling Options
- Who can participate in the clean-up day event?
- If I have a Village utility bill, and the fee for garbage service is included in my rent, can I participate in this event?
- What type of items are acceptable?
- What Type of Items are Non-Acceptable?
- Can I return with a 2nd or 3rd load?
- Will you take A/C window units?