Citizen's Police Academy
Enroll Now for the Spring 2021 Citizen Police Academy
Rantoul residents interested in getting an inside look at how local law enforcement works are invited to participate in the Champaign County Citizen Police Academy.
The academy, which meets Thursday nights from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. for 10 weeks, and will cover crime prevention, community based policing, drugs, gangs, DUI enforcement, citizen-police contacts, use of force, firearms orientation, crime scene investigation, a tour of the Champaign County Jail, and a patrol ride-along with your local department.The meetings are held at the Police Training Institute located at 1004 S. Fourth Street, Champaign, and other local sites.
Starting its 32th session, the academy strives to help local residents better understand police work. In addition, the police agencies involved in the academy seek feedback from participants about law-enforcement issues.
For more information or to enroll in the program, contact Chief Brown at 892-2103 or email at email@example.com.
- Champaign County Sheriff's Office
- Champaign Police Department
- Illinois State Police District 10
- Mahomet Police Department
- Police Training Institute
- Rantoul Police Department
- University of Illinois Police Department
- Urbana Police Department
GoalsThe goals of the Citizen's Police Academy are:
- Provide stronger citizen / police relationships
- Enhance lines of communication between the police and the community
- Reduction of crime in our community
InstructionCitizen's Police Academy consists of 10, three-hour blocks of instruction over a 10 week period.
Graduates will receive a certificate of completion. Graduates can become members of the Citizen's Police Academy Alumni Association. If you would like more information on CPA, please visit this website.