Building a Better Community
The Community Development Department works with individuals to help them learn about government assistance programs that are available to them. The department can aid you in the preparation and submission of applications for programs.
Not only does the Community Development Department work to assist individuals in gaining access to programs, they also monitor the success of the programs and the short-term and lasting effects that the programs have on the Village of Rantoul.
- Building Demolition - Funds through this program are provided to remove slum/blighting conditions dilapidated structures in lower-income neighborhoods in the community.
- Rehabilitation - Learn more about Owner-Occupied Housing Rehabilitation.
- Social Services - Funds are provided to various social service agencies to offer programs and services to residents. Various services such as home care for senior citizens; dental care for Head-Start students; drug and alcohol abuse counseling; and GED classes have been provided.
- PY2019 Application Availability Memo
- PY2019 Public Service Application
CDBG 2015 Annual Action Plan - Amendment #1
CDBG 2019 Annual Action Plan - Amendment #1
2013-2017 Consolidated Plan with Amendment #1
The Consolidated Plan is a document required by the U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD) to assess the needs of a community; create strategies & goals to address those needs; and prioritize funding & programs to address & meet those goals. The original plan was amended in August 2013 to make changes that HUD requested along with reallocating funds.
2013-2017 Consolidated Plan with Amendment #2
The Consolidated Plan is a document required by the U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD) to assess the needs of a community; create strategies & goals to address those needs; and prioritize funding & programs to address & meet those goals.
DRAFT 2019 Annual Action Plan
The Village of Rantoul, being an entitlement community with the U.S. Dept. of Housing & Urban Development must submit an Annual Action Plan in order to apply for Community Development Block Grant funding. The DRAFT 2019 plan will be the 6th annual plan of the 2013-2017 Consolidated Plan.
Consolidated Annual Performance & Evaluation Report - 2016
The Consolidated Annual Performance & Evaluation Report (CAPER) is a summary of activities and accomplishments by the Village of Rantoul using Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funding from the U.S. Dept. of Housing & Urban Development during the 2015-2016 fiscal year. The CAPER was submitted to HUD on August 31, 2017.
| CDBG Policies & Procedures Manual
Housing Rehabilitation Policies & Procedures Manual