- Business Licenses
- Transient Merchant License
Transient Merchant License
RequirementsAn annual license is required for all transient merchant businesses within the Village of Rantoul as outlined in Chapter 26 Article III (Itinerant and Transient merchants) of the Village Code. All licenses expire on December 31 of the year issued.
ApplicationsA completed application should be submitted to the Rantoul Police Department for review. When the application is approved, the license will be mailed to the business. Allow three weeks for processing.
FeeThe license fee is $100 annually.
Zoning and Code Regulations(a) It shall be unlawful for any transient merchant or itinerant vendor to sell any goods, wares or merchandise from any premises that is not zoned for any such sales activity or that is not in compliance with all applicable building and safety regulations of this Code.
(b) This section does not apply to:
(1) Any person selling vegetables, fruits or perishable farm products raised by such person;
(2) Any person operating a stand or booth on property owned by such person or upon which such person resides;
(3) Any public event conducted or authorized by the village; or
(4) Any person selling food for immediate consumption from a vehicle or other form of conveyance in any nonresidential zoning district who:
a. Is on the premises with the permission of the owner;
b. Does not remain on such premises for more than four hours in any 24-hour period;
c. Does not employ any signs other than those permanently affixed to the vehicle or other form of conveyance; and
d. Does not generate noise, including but not limited to, generators, in excess of 75 decibels as measured from ten feet away.